Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Doctors, Pharmacies, Idiots.

After spewing my opinions on this matter on Facebook, I realized it'll never go anywhere and everyone probably thinks I'm just an absurd bitchy mother at this point, so I figure I'll blog my heart out and it won't effect anyone but myself. I'm sure I'll feel mostly better.

Natalie had an appointment with the pediatrician (whom we generally love) on Monday at 3:30. We arrived about ten minutes early and waited, waited, waited... At 5 pm, I went to the counter and asked if she had been forgotten about. We were still in the waiting room. The most they had done was made a copy of her insurance card (not that it had changed any). Not forgotten... Just had some "emergencies" that went ahead of us. Emergencies should be for urgent care or the emergency room, but I digress.

So, we finally get placed in a room. Nurse weighs Natalie, asks what's going on, etc. Back in the room and we sit... and sit... and sit. Natalie has to pee. I take her to the bathroom. Dr sees me in the hall and says Natalie is next. FINALLY! We go back and wait. And wait some more. Different nurse comes in with the phone number for the cardiologist. Mind you, we haven't seen the doctor yet.

Another nurse comes in and asks what we're waiting for. Are you kidding? So, I counter with my own question: "Do I still have a co-pay if I haven't seen the doctor?" She's obviously unaware that we haven't been seen so she says she'll go get him. He comes in some 15 minutes later or so, ignores my concerns about her having acid reflux or anxiety, writes a very expensive prescription for a medication we cannot afford and pushes us out the door. At this point I am just so over having been at the doctor for 2 1/2 hours so we leave. (On a small side note: I requested shot records for Natalie and Olivia (for school) and the doctor said "we generally require 24 hour notice and a fee, but it's on the house this time" which is great because I don't plan on being back.)

I took her prescription to the pharmacy the next day after school. The pharmacist informs me that it's an expensive medication even with insurance, so I asked him to go ahead and order it, because she obviously needs it. Anyway, I go home and call the doctor to find out why they didn't call her in something free like Amoxicillian. Got the front desk. She said she'll ask him. He calls back a few hours later and asks for the pharmacy number and I asked if he was calling something else in. He confirmed he was and I figured it was Amoxicillian or something. Get to the pharmacy today. Dr didn't cancel the old script so they had MIXED the two meds together. Great. Not my fault.

Pharmacist gives me hell about the two scripts and that they were mixed (sorry, I don't have $40 for an antibiotic, bitch. maybe you should have asked first.) She rings up the new called in prescription and it was still $12, which isn't bad except I zeroed out my bank account getting gas this morning. Joy of fucking joys.

No comments:

Post a Comment